名词:luckiness 形容词比较级:luckier 最高级:luckiest
adj (-ier, -iest)
1 having, bringing or resulting from good luck 幸运的; 有好运的; 带来好运的
*You're very lucky to be alive after that accident. 你大难不死可真幸运.
* It's lucky she's still here. 她还在这里, 真是万幸.
* a lucky charm 吉符
* Seven is my lucky number. 七是我的幸运数字.
* a lucky guess 侥幸猜中
* a lucky break, ie a piece of good fortune 一次好运
* It's my, your, etc lucky day, ie one on which I am, you are, etc having good fortune. 这一天是我的、你的...幸运日子.
2 (idm 习语) strike lucky => strike2. thank one's lucky stars => thank. you'll be lucky; you should be so lucky (ironic catchphrase 反语, 警语) what you expect, wish for, etc is very unlikely to happen 你有那份儿运气.
having good luck
≠ unluckybe lucky to do/be sth The children were lucky to survive the fire which destroyed their home.lucky enough to do sth those of us lucky enough to own our own homeslucky if I'll be lucky if I get any of my money back.lucky (that) I was tremendously lucky that I didn't die in the accident.lucky with We've been very lucky with the weather.count/consider/think yourself lucky Count yourself lucky you've got a husband like Jack.see usage noteluck1
resulting from good luck I didn't really know your name - it was just a lucky guess . A middle-aged woman had a lucky escape when a tree crashed down onto her car.it is lucky (that) It's lucky that no-one was hurt.
bringing good luck a lucky charmlucky you/me etcspoken
used to say that someone is fortunate to be able to do something 'My husband's a rich man, and devoted to me.' 'Lucky you.'be sb's lucky dayspoken
used to say that something good and often unexpected will happen to someone We're going to win. I just know it's our lucky dayyou'll/you'd be luckyspoken
used to tell someone that what they want probably will not happen '£50 should be enough.' 'You'll be lucky!'I/you should be so lucky!spoken
used to tell someone that what they want is not likely to happen, especially because it is unreasonable You want three weeks holiday? You should be so lucky!
→strike it luckyatstrike1
→thank your lucky starsatthank
→third time luckyatthird1
1. Comparing with those fruit vendors, you´re lucky; yet they never complain. 和那些水果贩比起来, 你很幸运, 然而他们从不抱怨.
2. But the chances are against it, and there is a virtual limit on how long we can hope to remain alive, however lucky and robust we are. 但这种可能性很小。不管我们多么幸运，多么健壮，我们所希望的长寿实际上是有限度的。
3. But his wife isn´t very lucky. She usually stays at home! 但他的妻子运气不很好。他总是呆在家里！
4. But he felt pretty good he had been one of the lucky ones, who had received his shots to make him young again before he turned 40, so he was still a young-looking fellow. 他曾经是那些幸运者中的一个，这些幸运者在40岁之前接受了重返青春的注射，因此他看上去仍像个年轻人。
5. We are lucky in that only the lower fields, which make up a very small proportion of our farm, are affected by flooding, 值得庆幸的是，只有低洼的受到洪水影响，而低洼地在我们农场比例很小。
6. The Romans thought that odd numbers were lucky and they took a day from a 30-day month — from February — to get an extra 31-day month. 罗马人认为奇数是吉祥的数字，他们从一个有30天的月份——2月份——中去掉了一天，从而又多了一个有31天的月份。
7. There is general agreement that genuine biological differences exist between individuals; geniuses need to be lucky in both their genes and their parents. 人们普遍认为，个体之间存在着生理差异，要成为天才必须幸运地既拥有天才的基因，又拥有能造就天才的父母。
8. Nigel is a very lucky man. 奈杰尔是个很幸运的人。
9. Aren´t you lucky! 你们真幸运啊！
10. Aren´t you lucky! 你们真幸运！