n.块(尤指小块),肿块,笨人 vt.使成块状,混在一起,忍耐,笨重地移动 vi.结块
动词过去式:lumped 过去分词:lumped 现在分词:lumping 第三人称单数:lumps
1 hard or compact mass, usu without a regular shape 堆, 块, 团（通常无定形）
*a lump of clay 一团黏土
* a sugar lump 一块方糖
* break a piece of coal into small lumps 把一块煤砸成小块
* How many lumps (ie of sugar) do you take in your tea? 你喝茶加几块方糖?
2 swelling, bump or bruise 肿; 隆起; 挫伤
*a nasty lump on her neck 她颈上的大肿块.
3 (infml 口) heavy, clumsy or stupid person 大块头; 粗大笨拙的人; 傻大个儿
*Do hurry up, you great lump! 快点, 你这笨蛋!
4 (idm 习语) have, etc a lump in one's/the throat feel pressure in the throat as a result of strong emotion caused by love, sadness, etc 喉咙哽住, 哽咽（因激动所致）.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sb/sth (together) put or consider people or things together; treat people or things as alike or under the same heading 将人或物归并一起或合并考虑; 将人或物同等对待或分类
*We've lumped all the advanced students into a single class. 我们把程度高的学生都编在一个班里.
* Can we lump all these items together as `incidental expenses'? 我们可否把这些项目都归在｀杂费＇项内?
2 [I] form lumps 结块
*Stir the sauce to prevent it lumping. 把沙司搅拌一下以免结块.
v (idm 习语) `lump it (infml 口) reluctantly accept sth unpleasant or unwanted 勉强地接受讨厌的或不想要的事物
*If you don't like the decision you'll just have to lump it. 你不喜欢那决定, 也只好勉为其难了.
1. A lump formed in my throat. 我不禁哽咽了。
2. Please put a lump of sugar in your coffee. 请给你的咖啡里放一块糖。