n [U] long hard tubes of pasta, often chopped into short pieces and boiled in water before eating 通心粉; 通心面.
1500-1600; Language: Italian;Origin:
maccheroni, from Italian dialect
maccarone, probably from Greek
makaria 'food made from barley'
a type of pasta
in the shape of small tubesmacaroni cheeseBrE/macaroni and cheeseAmE
(=macaroni cooked with a cheese sauce)
pasta in the form of slender tubes
1. This last scene shows you what will happen at the end of the harvest: the famous Calabrian macaroni-eating competition! 这最后一个镜头向您展示了收获之后将发生的事情：著名的克拉布利亚人吃通心粉大赛！
2. Here you can see two workers who, between them, have just finished cutting three cartloads of golden brown macaroni stalks. 这里您可以看到两个工人，他们协力割下了3车金黄色的通心粉秸。
3. ´we´re going over to the macaroni fields of Calabria. "我们现在到克拉布利亚的通心粉田里。
4. Macaroni tastes different from spaghetti. 通心面的味道与意大利细面条不同。
5. Macaroni has been grown in this area for over six hundred years. 通心粉在这个地区已经种植了600多年了。