a gun that fires a lot of bullets very quickly
There came the sound of men shouting and a burst of machine-gun fire.
1. Except for the gun, he did not look very dangerous. 除了那支手枪，他看上去并不令人感到危险。
2. Before I reach the door, I think I hear a voice say, money. Before I open the door I hear a voice and turn to see the man with a gun. 我同样也很生气，因为那是一个我从未见过、也从未伤害过的人在用枪指着我。
3. We could make machine fly. 我们可以造一台会飞的机器.
4. We can sew by hand or with a machine. 我们可用手缝或机器缝。
5. With scarcely a glance at the items, the clerk sweeps them across an aperture, where a special marking on each item is scanned by a low-powered laser beam inside the machine, connected to a remote computer. 收款员几乎不看商品，只是把商品从机器上的孔眼处一扫而过，机器里的低能量激光对商品上的一个特殊标志进行扫描，这台扫描机与另一台电脑相联。
6. Where once there was one set of furniture, one washing machine and one refrigerator, now there are two of all these things. 原先只有一套家具、一台洗衣机和一台电冰箱，现在却变成了两套或两台。
7. When we think of brilliance we see Einstein, a thinking machine with skin and mismatched socks. 我们说到出众的才华，就会想到爱因斯坦，那个有生命的，穿着不配对袜子的思考机器。
8. This machine has been specially adapted for use underwater. 这机器是为水下使用而特别改装的.
9. This washing-machine is fully automatic. 这台洗衣机是全自动的。
10. Triple gun-decks mounted sixty-four bronze cannon. 3 层的火炮甲板上装着64门青铜加农炮,