tool for cutting or shaping materials, driven by a machine 工作母机; 机床.
a tool for cutting and shaping metal, wood etc, usually one that uses electricity
1. Back in the early 1960s, when the laser was first being developed, it was viewed by some as a fascinating research tool, others called it a science-fiction toy. 追溯到二十世纪六十年代初期,当激光最初被开发利用时，一些人视之为神奇的科研工具，另一些人则称之为科幻小说里的玩具。
2. We could make machine fly. 我们可以造一台会飞的机器.
3. We can sew by hand or with a machine. 我们可用手缝或机器缝。
4. With scarcely a glance at the items, the clerk sweeps them across an aperture, where a special marking on each item is scanned by a low-powered laser beam inside the machine, connected to a remote computer. 收款员几乎不看商品，只是把商品从机器上的孔眼处一扫而过，机器里的低能量激光对商品上的一个特殊标志进行扫描，这台扫描机与另一台电脑相联。
5. Where once there was one set of furniture, one washing machine and one refrigerator, now there are two of all these things. 原先只有一套家具、一台洗衣机和一台电冰箱，现在却变成了两套或两台。
6. When we think of brilliance we see Einstein, a thinking machine with skin and mismatched socks. 我们说到出众的才华，就会想到爱因斯坦，那个有生命的，穿着不配对袜子的思考机器。
7. This machine has been specially adapted for use underwater. 这机器是为水下使用而特别改装的.
8. This washing-machine is fully automatic. 这台洗衣机是全自动的。
9. The component parts of this machine are imported from Japan. 这台机器的零件是从日本进口的。
10. The worker detached a gear from the machine. 工人从机器上拆下了一个齿轮。