system of buying and selling goods by post 邮购制度
*buy sth by mail order 以邮购方式购买某物
* [attrib 作定语] a mail-order business, ie one dealing in mail-order goods 邮购商行
* a mail-order catalogue, ie one which lists mail-order goods and their prices 邮购商品价目表.
a method of buying and selling in which the buyer chooses goods at home and orders them from a company which sends them by post
by mail order
It is available by mail order from Green Life Products.
a mail order catalogue
1. Economize in order to make one´s money spin out until next payday. 节省花钱以维持到下一次发薪。
2. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
3. Before we go any further, it might make sense to require a temporary pause on research into human cloning in order to make a systematic enquiry into the grave questions it raises. 在我们尚未继续前进之前，最好是先要求暂时停止克隆人类的研究，以便系统地研究它所引发的深刻问题。
4. Whose mail is this? 这是谁的邮件?
5. When Harry put on his act of being mildly annoyed, the girl promised to order some for him. 当哈里装出懊恼的样子，那位姑娘答应帮他订购一些。
6. When Harry put on his act of being mildly annoyed, the assistant promised to order some for him. 哈里装出不高兴的样子时，女售货员答应为他定货。
7. What if parents decided to clone a child in order to harvest organs? 如果父母决定克隆一个孩子以获得器官，那会怎样？
8. The cards were ranged in alphabetical order. 卡片以字母顺序排列。
9. The Austrian soldiers were kept busy hurrying from one town to another in order to put down the rebellions. 为了镇压起义, 奥地利士兵被迫急急忙忙从一个城镇赶到另一个城镇.
10. The laser jet printer is out of order. 这台激光打印机不能正常工作了。