the main part of a meal
What are you going to have for your main course?
starter, main course and dessert
1. But in the main, I feel like a brown bag of mixed items propped up against a wall. 但我大体上还是感觉自己像一只靠墙立着装满各种杂物的棕色皮袋子。
2. When we later walked down the main street of the village, we were followed by a silent procession of children. 后来，我们在村里的主要街道上行走的时候，一队默不作声的孩子跟在我们后头。
3. When the plane arrived, some of the detectives were waiting inside the main building while others were waiting on the airfield. 当飞机到达时，一些侦探等候在主楼内，另一些侦探则守候在停机坪上。
4. This is the place where the three main arteries of West London traffic meet. 这是伦敦西区三条主要干线汇合的地方。
5. The main field of hygiene is concerned with healthy living and cleanliness. 卫生学的主要范围和健康的生活及清洁有关。
6. The main dish had little flavor, but I made it palatable by adding condiments. 主菜没什么味道，不过我加了调味料使它味美可口。
7. The other candidate´s main disadvantage is her age. 另一候选人的主要不利条件是她的年龄问题.
8. The main field of hygiene is concerned with healthy living and cleanliness. 卫生学的主要范围和健康的生活及清洁有关。
9. Tentatively it can be suggested that this is the main influence upon those who urge the abolition of capital punishment. 可以这样探讨性地提出，那些竭力主张废除死刑的人们主要是受怜悯的影响。
10. The main complicating facts of human life must remain unintelligible. 人类生活中最为主要的日趋复杂的现实就难以理解。