1. Economize in order to make one´s money spin out until next payday. 节省花钱以维持到下一次发薪。
2. Ever since then, the great monument has been a symbol of liberty for the millions of people who have passed through New York Harbour to make their homes in America. 从那时起，这座伟大的纪念碑对通过纽约港进入美国定居的千百万人来说就一直是自由的象征。
3. Everything was so relaxed it did not seem possible that the conference was about to make decisions involving the fortunes of millions of people. 一切看起来都是那样的轻松，好象要在这次会议上来决定数百万人命运的大事有点不大可能。
4. Eliot says you can first make a list of 12 things, then cut it down to 6 and set your priorities. 埃利奥特说，你可以先列出12件事，然后把它压缩到6件，要确定轻重缓急。
5. Every one of those mothers loves and needs her daughter more than her daughter will ever love or need her mother. 与女儿对自己母亲的爱和需要相比，每一位母亲更爱更需要自己的女儿。
6. Euro Disney officials said they expected to make a small profit for the financial year ending September 30. 欧洲迪斯尼行政人员说他们希望在9月30日结束的这个财政年度中能小有盈余。
7. Bassanio, Antonio´s best friend, was in love with Portia, a rich andbeautiful lady who also loved him. 巴萨尼奥是安东尼奥最好的朋友，他爱上了一位富有、漂亮的女子鲍西娅，她也爱他.
8. By the time we reach the Rockies, my parents try to make me look at the spectacular landscapes we're passing by. 当我们驶近落基山脉时，我父母想叫我看看我们外面的壮丽景色。
9. But one thing they'll always have: our love and devotion." 可是有一样东西他们将会永远拥有：我们的爱和奉献。"
10. But he felt pretty good he had been one of the lucky ones, who had received his shots to make him young again before he turned 40, so he was still a young-looking fellow. 他曾经是那些幸运者中的一个，这些幸运者在40岁之前接受了重返青春的注射，因此他看上去仍像个年轻人。