n person or firm that manufactures things 制造商; 工厂主; 制造厂
*Send these faulty goods back to the manufacturer. 把这些次货退还给厂家.
* a clothing, a car, an electronics, etc manufacturer 服装、汽车、电子产品等制造厂.
a company that makes large quantities of goods
Read the manufacturer's instructions before using your new dishwasher.
The fridge was sent back to the manufacturers.
1. The UPC is printed by the manufacturer on each grocery item — a set of thin and thick vertical stripes accompanied by a series of numbers under the stripes and a zero, centered to the left of them. 条形码由厂家印在每一食品上——这是一组粗细不同、垂直排列的线条，线条下方有一组数字，左边有一个“0”字。
2. The first five digits of the other numbers designate the manufacturer and the second series of digits identifies the particular item. 条形码上的前五个数代表厂家，后面的其它数字是商品代号。
3. Some time ago a British car manufacturer was accused of operating a fund to pay bribes, and of other questionable practices such as paying agents and purchasers an exaggerated commission, offering additional discounts, and making payments to numbered 早些时候，一家英国汽车制造商被指控经管一笔基金行贿，还有其他一些可疑运作，如给代理商和客户高额回扣、提供额外折扣、向一些在瑞士银行开的匿名账户汇款等。
4. My husband is now a purse manufacturer. 我先生现在是手提包制造商.