形容词:marbly 动词过去式:marbled 过去分词:marbled 现在分词:marbling 第三人称单数:marbles
1 [U] type of hard limestone used, when cut and polished, for building and sculpture 大理石
*a slab of unpolished marble 未经打磨的大理石板
* These steps are made of marble. 这些台阶是大理石的.
* [attrib 作定语] a marble statue, tomb, etc 大理石的雕像、墓等.
2 marbles [pl] collection of marble sculptures; works of art in marble 大理石雕刻品; 大理石艺术品.
3 (a) [C] small ball of glass, clay, etc used by children in games （儿童玩的）玻璃弹球, 泥弹球.
(b) marbles [pl] game played with these 弹球游戏
*Let's have a game of marbles. 咱们玩儿弹球游戏吧.
4 (idm 习语) lose one's marbles => lose.
adj [attrib 作定语] (fig 比喻) like marble 像大理石的
*marble (ie smooth and white) skin 大理石般光洁的皮肤
* a marble (ie cold and unfeeling) heart 铁石心肠.
1100-1200; Language: Old French;Origin:
marbre, from Latin
marmor, from Greek
a type of hard rock that becomes smooth when it is polished, and is used for making buildings, statues
etc The columns were of white marble. a marble statue[C]
a small coloured glass ball that children roll along the ground as part of a gamemarbles[U]
a game played by children using marbleslose your marblesinformal
to start behaving in a crazy way
= go mad[C]
made of marble
1. Earth looks like a big blue marble (玻璃球); from high above the Earth and from the moon, the planet gleams and shines. 地球看上去就像一个巨大的蓝色玻璃球, 从高高的地球上空或从月球上望去，这颗行星熠熠生辉，闪闪发光。
2. The statue was carved out of marble. 那雕像是用大理石雕刻的。
3. Do they have marble tables and chairs? 他们有大理石餐桌和椅子吗?
4. Do they have marble tables and chairs? 他们有大理石餐桌和椅子吗?
5. Sculptors make statues of marble and bronze or models in clay. 雕刻家用大理石、铜或粘土来制作雕像。