adj.成熟的,到期的,充分考虑的,(票据等)到期的 vt.使成熟 vi.成熟,到期
形容词比较级:maturer 最高级:maturest 名词:matureness 副词:maturely 动词过去式:matured 过去分词:matured 现在分词:maturing 第三人称单数:matures
/mə'tjʊə(r); [US] -'tʊər; mə`tur/
1 (a) fully grown or developed mentally or physically; having achieved one's full potential 充分发育的; （智力或体力）成熟的; 已具备全部潜力的
*a mature person, oak, starling 成熟的人、橡树、椋鸟
* a house with a mature garden, ie one where the plants, trees, etc are fully grown and well established 有花木繁茂的花园的住宅 *He's not mature enough to be given too much responsibility.他还不成熟, 不宜给他重任.
(b) (of wine or cheese) having reached a stage where its flavour has fully developed （指葡萄酒或乾酪）成熟的.
2 (of thought, intentions, etc) careful and thorough （指想法、意图等）深思熟虑的
*after mature consideration 经过审慎考虑.
3 (commerce 商) (of insurance policies, etc) due for payment （指保险单等）到期该付款的.
/mə'tjʊə(r); [US] -'tʊər; mə`tur/ v
1 [I, Tn] (cause sb/sth to) become mature （使某人[某事物]）成熟
*Her character matured during these years. 这些年里她的品性已趋成熟.
* cheese/wine that matures slowly 熟得慢的奶酪[葡萄酒]
* My plan gradually matured. 我的计画逐渐酝酿成熟.
* Experience has matured him greatly. 他经历这些事之後已经成熟多了.
2 [I] (commerce 商) (of insurance policies, etc) become due （指保险单等）到期.
1. To sum it up, mature love is union under the condition of preserving one's individuality. 归根结底，成熟的爱就是保持个性条件下的双方结合。
2. "Sandy is beginning to mature ," she thought. "桑迪开始成熟了，" 她想。
3. AIDS spreads only in limited ways and can be prevented through informed and mature behavior. 艾滋病传播方式有限，可以通过已知的理性行为加以防范。
4. "Tough times never last but tough people do," as Robert Schuller says. In other words, face reality and be mature in your responses to life’s challenges. 正如罗伯特·舒勒所说，“艰苦的时光终将过去，坚强的人必将苦尽甘来。”换言之，要正视现实，要用成熟的心态去迎接生活的挑战。
5. So this is a very pregnant moment, not only for the future of America, but also for all of the mature industrial economies and, ultimately, for the world at large. 因此这是个至关重要的时刻，这不仅仅对美国的未来、而且对所有成熟的工业化国家，并且最终对整个世界来说都是至关重要的。
6. Let's see more mature, wrinkled women in attractive, successful, happy roles and let's see men fighting to be with them. 让我们期待更多成熟的有皱纹的妇女成为有魅力、成功的、幸福的角色，也让我们期待男士们纷纷争先恐后与她们为伍。