a building or place where people meet
The pub is a popular meeting place for local teenagers.
1. Evaporation takes place more quickly when there is wind or sunshine. 有风或有阳光时蒸发速度较快。
2. Everyone should agree on a meeting point outside of the area — perhaps in a town several miles away. 大家应该商定一个地震区外的会合点——可能是在几英里外的某个市镇。
3. Each meeting focused on one step. 每次会晤都着重讨论一个步骤。
4. Bonpland pronounced the place to be quite simply "paradise". 庞普朗宣称这地方简直就是“天堂”。
5. For the puma was often observed at one place in the morning and at another place twenty miles away in the evening. 因为常常是早晨在甲地发现那只美洲狮，晚上却在20英里外的乙地发现它的踪迹。
6. We decided to hold the meeting in the hall. 我们决定在大厅里开会。
7. What was the outcome of your meeting? 你们会晤的结果如何?
8. We make good use of special plastics in place of alloy. 我们充分利用特种塑料来代替合金。
9. We must prepare the room for the meeting. 我们必须为会议准备好房间。
10. When they passed the place where the dead boy lay, each soldier saluted. 当他们路过停放着男孩尸体的地方时, 每个士兵都向他敬礼.