动词过去式:messed 过去分词:messed 现在分词:messing 第三人称单数:messes
1 [C usu sing 通常作单数] dirty or untidy state 脏或乱的状态
*This kitchen's a mess! 这厨房太脏了!
* The children have made an awful mess in the lounge. 孩子们把起居室弄得凌乱不堪.
* The spilt milk made a terrible mess on the carpet. 牛奶洒在地毯上弄得一塌糊涂.
2 [U] (infml euph 口, 婉) excrement of a dog, cat, etc （狗、猫等的）粪便
*Who will clean up the cat's mess in the bedroom? 谁去清除卧室里的猫屎?
3 [sing] difficult or confused state or situation; disorder 困难或紊乱的状态或局面; 杂乱
*My life's (in) a real mess! 我的生活真是狼狈!
* You've made a mess of the job, ie done it very badly. 你把工作搞得一团糟.
* (ironic 反语) A nice/fine mess you've made of that! 你把那件事弄得真够瞧的!
4 [sing] person/people who is/are untidy or dirty 不整洁的人
*Get cleaned up! You're a mess!/You two are a mess! 收拾一下吧! 你多邋遢呀! [你们俩可真邋遢! ]
v (infml 口)
1 [Tn] (US) put (sth) into an untidy, etc state 把（某事物）弄乱, 弄脏, 弄糟
*Don't mess your hair! 别把你的头发弄乱!
2 (phr v) mess about/around
(a) behave in a foolish or boisterous way 胡闹; 瞎闹
*Stop messing about and come and help! 别闹了, 过来帮帮忙吧!
(b) work in pleasant, casual, disorganized way; potter 轻松随意地工作; 逍遥自在地做事或闲荡
*I love just messing about in the garden. 我就是喜欢在花园里瞎转. mess sb about/around; mess about/around with sb treat sb inconsiderately 轻率地对待某人
*Be nicer to him. You shouldn't mess around with him like that. 对他好些, 你不该对他那么随便.
* Stop messing me about! Tell me if I've got the job or not! 别不把我当一回事! 告诉我, 这工作给没给我! mess sth about/around; mess about/around with sth handle sth roughly or incompetently; make a muddle of sth 处理某事物草率或无能; 搞乱某事物
*Don't mess the files around, I've just put them in order. 别把档案弄乱了, 我刚整理好.
* Somebody's been messing about with the radio and now it doesn't work. 有人瞎摆弄收音机了, 现在不响了. mess sth up
(a) make sth untidy, disordered or dirty 把某物弄乱或弄脏
*Don't mess up my hair
*I've just combed it. 别把我的头发弄乱, 我刚梳好.
* Who messed up my clean kitchen? 谁把我乾净的厨房弄得这么脏?
(b) do sth incompetently; bungle sth 弄糟某事物; 胡乱做某事物
*I was asked to organize the trip, but I messed it up. 大家要我组织这次旅游, 可是我把事情搞糟了. mess with sb/sth (infml 口) interfere with sb/sth 干预某人[某事]
*Don't mess with her
*she's got a violent temper. 别干预她的事, 她脾气很暴.
1 [CGp] group of people who take meals together and share living quarters, esp in the armed forces 共膳宿的集体（尤指军队的）
*The mess has ordered some new furniture. 该宿舍的人订购了一些新家具.
2 (US also `mess hall) building in which these meals are taken （共膳宿者的）食堂
*the officers'/sergeants' mess 军官[士官]食堂.
v [Ipr, Ip] ~ (in) with sb; ~ (in) together eat meals 共餐
*He messed with me/We messed together when we were in the Navy. 我们在海军时, 他和我共餐[我们共餐].
1. Excuse the mess, Jone. This room´s very untidy. 屋子很乱, 请原谅, 约翰. 这个房间不整洁.
2. Excuse the mess, Sam. 屋子很乱，请原谅，萨姆。
3. What a mess! There was pastry on my fingers, on the telephone, and on the doorknobs. 真是糟糕透了！我的手指上、电话机上以及门的把手上，都沾上了面糊。
4. They left the house in a frightful mess. 他们离去时房子里乱七八糟.
5. To find a form that accommodates the mess, that is the task of the artist now. 要找到一种形式能容纳混乱、污浊,这是艺术家的任务。
6. That evening (November 28, 1943) Roosevelt was host at a steak and baked potato dinner prepared by his Filipino mess boys. 那天晚上（1943年11月28日），罗斯福请吃晚餐，吃的是他的菲律宾厨师准备的牛排和烤马铃薯。
7. At last I hung up the receiver.What a mess!There was pastry on my fingers. 最后我挂上了电话,真是一团糟！我手指上都是面糊。
8. All the things I had packed so carefully were soon in a dreadful mess. 所有细心包装好的东西一会儿工夫就乱成一团。
9. ´What has happened?´ she asked. ´How did your clothes get into such a mess?´ "发生了什么事？"她问，"你的衣服怎么搞得一塌糊涂？"
10. As I was a Black, my job was to wait on tables, wash dishes, do the work of a mess-boy. 因为我是黑人，就分派我当食堂服务员，端菜端饭，洗刷碗碟。