n.有势力的人 adj.有势力的,强大的,有力的 adv.很,极,非常
名词:mightiness 形容词比较级:mightier 最高级:mightiest
adj (-ier, -iest)
1 (esp fml 尤作郑重语) powerful; strong 强大的; 有力的
*a mighty army, nation, ruler 强大的军队、国家、统治者
* (infml 口) She gave him a mighty thump. 她狠狠地揍了他一下.
2 great and imposing 伟大的; 威严的; 雄伟的
*mighty mountain peaks 巍 的山峰
* the mighty ocean 浩瀚的大海.
3 (idm 习语) high and mighty => high1. the pen is mightier than the sword => pen1.
adv (infml 口 esp US) very 极; 很
*mighty good, clever, etc 极好、极聪明
* He's mighty pleased with himself. 他洋洋得意.
1. Even a mighty express train can be held up by signals. 因为即便是特别快车也可能被信号拦住。
2. The Atlantic is a mighty ocean. 大西洋是个浩瀚的海洋。
3. The tenants of Zeta Road looked and a mighty cheer went up, for across the spare wheel of the Hon. Hubert Bond´s car was plastered a huge poster which read: "NOT A PENNY ON THE RENTS!" 泽特路的住户们看过去，一阵强有力的欢呼声响起来，尊敬的休伯特·邦德车子上的后备轮胎上粘着一张大海报，上面写着：“房租一分钱不能加！”
4. Then at last the miracle happened for which his unconscious mind had been seeking for so long. Falling into a sleeplike condition, he suddenly felt as though he were sinking in a mighty flood of water, and the rush and roar soon took musical shape wi 终于，他的潜意识长期以来一直在寻找的奇迹发生了。他进入了似睡非睡的朦胧状态，骤然间感觉到自己仿佛掉进了滔滔洪水之中,不断在下沉，很快，洪水的冲击声和咆哮声以音乐的形式呈现在他的脑海里。
5. In that first glorious hour, the mighty Vasa, which was intended to rule the Baltic, sank with all flags flying----in the harbour of the birth. 就这样，想要统治波罗的海的大型战舰"瓦萨"号，在它壮丽的起航时刻，带着全身飘扬的彩旗，沉没在了它诞生的港口。