动词过去式:mirrored 过去分词:mirrored 现在分词:mirroring 第三人称单数:mirrors
mir＝to wonder（惊讶）,to behold（看见）
1 (often in compounds 常用以构成复合词) polished surface, usu of coated glass or of metal, that reflects images 镜子
*a `driving-mirror, eg in a car, to enable the driver to see what is behind 驾驶用反光镜（供驾驶者观看车後情况者）
* a `hand mirror, ie a small one, esp as used by women 手镜（尤指女子用的小镜）
* She glanced at herself in the mirror. 她照了一下镜子. =>illus at App
1 见附录1插图, page xvi.
2 (fig 比喻) thing that reflects or gives a likeness of sth 反映某事物的东西
*Pepys's `Diary' is a mirror of/holds up a mirror to the times he lived in. 佩皮斯的《日记》是他生活的那个时代的真实反映.
v [Tn] reflect (sth) as in a mirror 反射, 映照（某事物）
*The trees were mirrored in the still water of the lake. 静静的湖水映出岸上的树木.
* (fig 比喻) a novel that mirrors modern society 反映现代社会的小说.
1. We had been in the hat shop for half an hour and my wife was still in front of the mirror. 我们在这家帽店已经呆了半个小时了，而我的妻子仍在镜子面前。
2. Like adolescents they stand before the mirror, and still cannot fathom the exact outline of the vision before them. 犹如希腊神话中那位漂亮的少年，站在镜前，不能辨认自身的真面目。
3. The pictures it sent us were very disappointing because its main mirror was faulty! 它传送给我们的图像很令人失望，因为它的主要镜子有误差。
4. ´You needn´t be so rude about it,´ my wife answered as she looked at herself in the mirror. "你说话没必要这样不客气，"我的妻子边回答边照着镜子。
5. You start to see a stranger in your rearview mirror. 你开始在汽车的后视镜里看到了一个陌生人。
6. She looked at herself in the mirror long, carefully, and critically. 她对着镜子带着挑剔的眼光久久地,仔细地审视着自巳.
7. She glanced at herself in the mirror. 她照了一下镜子.
8. She fastened it round her neck, and she stood lost in happiness as she looked at herself in the mirror. 她将项链戴到了脖子上，对着镜子一看，高兴得忘乎所以。
9. Madame Loisel walked to the mirror, so as to take a final look at herself in all her glory. 路瓦栽夫人走到镜子前，最后再看一眼美丽的自己。
10. It will take you forward into the twenty-first century without having to check your tracks in a rear-view mirror. My grandparents taught me that. 这样，你在跨入21世纪的时候，用不着去为自己过去的所作所为而抱憾。这就是我祖父祖母教给我的做人道理。