1 (also ,calendar `month) any of the twelve periods of time into which the year is divided, eg May and June 月份; 月
*We're going on holiday next month. 我们准备下月去度假.
* She earns ￡1000 a month. 她一个月挣1000英镑.
* The rent is ￡300 per calendar month. 租金每历月300英镑.
2 period of time between a day in one month and the corresponding day in the next month, eg
3 June to
3 July 一个月的时间
*The baby is three months old. 孩子三个月大了.
* several months later 数月後
* the first few months of marriage 结婚最初数月
* [attrib 作定语] a six-month contract 六个月的合同
* a seven-month-old baby 七个月大的孩子.
3 (idm 习语) for/in a ,month of `Sundays (esp in negative sentences 尤用于否定句) for a very long time 很长时间
*I've not seen her for/in a month of Sundays. 我很久没有见到她了.
[Language: Old English;Origin: monath]
one of the 12 named periods of time that a year is divided into
Phil is coming home for a visit next month.
She'll be thirteen this month.
I hope I'll have finished the work by the end of the month .
She earns about £350 a month (=each month) .
We update the schedule at least once a month.
the month of May/June etc
It snowed heavily during the month of January.
a period of about four weeks
She has an eight-month-old daughter.
He'll be away for two months.
The symptoms she suffered varied from month to month (=every few weeks she had different medical problems) .
a month-long transport strike
a long time, especially several months
Redecorating the kitchen took months.
I haven't seen him for months.
month after month
used to emphasize that something happens regularly or continuously for a period of time
I felt I was doing the same old thing week after week, month after month.
month by month
used when you are talking about a situation that develops slowly and steadily over a period of time
Unemployment figures are rising month by month.
never/not in a month of Sundays
especially BrE spoken used to emphasize that something will definitely never happen
You won't find someone to do that job in a month of Sundays.
1. Earlier this month, Alberto Torres's wife, who had just been laid off from her job, had to have a breast removed due to cancer and now faces a year of radiation treatments. 这个月初，阿尔伯图·多里斯刚刚失业的妻子，由于患癌症而不得不将一侧乳房切除，而今又面临一年的放射性治疗。
2. But my sister bought this pair last month. 但是，我姐姐上个月买到了这样的一双。
3. We´re going on holiday next month. 我们准备下月去度假.
4. We had some shoes like those a month ago, 一个月前我们有这要的鞋。
5. What day of the month is it? 今天是几号？
6. When Augustus Octavian became emperor after Caesar´s death, he also named a month for himself — August. 恺撒死后，当奥古斯都大帝成为帝王的时候，他也用自己的名字奥古斯塔斯（Augustus）命名了一个月份——8月(August)。
7. We have six people testing every psychic every month. 我们每月有6个人检测每位通灵大师的工作。
8. The witch had enchanted the princess so that she would sleep for a month . 这女巫对公主施了魔法，所以公主将会沉睡一个月之久。
9. There´s nothing left in the exchequer this month. 本月份本人国库空虚.
10. The rent is ￡ 50 per month. 每月租金五十英镑。