n.泥,泥浆,泥泞;Multi-User Dungeons,多用户网络游戏;Multi-User Domuins,多用户领域
动词过去式:mudded 过去分词:mudded 现在分词:mudding 第三人称单数:muds
1 soft wet earth 泥; 烂泥; 淤泥
*rain that turns dust into mud 化尘为泥的雨
* My shoes were covered/plastered in/with mud. 我的鞋沾满了泥.
* The armies got bogged down in the thick squelching mud. 军队都陷入泥沼中, 行进时烂泥扑哧作声.
2 (idm 习语) clear as mud => clear1. drag sb/sb's name through the mire/mud => drag2. fling, sling, throw, etc `mud (at sb) try to damage sb's reputation (by slander, libel, etc) 企图败坏某人的名声（藉造谣、诽谤等）. ,mud `sticks (saying 谚) people tend to believe and remember bad or slanderous things said about sb 恶事如泥沾身洗不清. sb's name is mud => name1.
Probably from Middle Low German
wet earth that has become soft and sticky By the end of the game, all the kids were covered in mud. The path beside the river was slippery with mud. Many villages in Mali consist of mud huts. boots caked with mud (=covered in mud) It was impossible to move the car - its wheels had got stuck in the mud.here's mud in your eyespoken old-fashioned
used for expressing good wishes when having an alcoholic drink with someone
British Equivalent: cheers
→as clear as mudatclear1
(18), drag sb's name through the mudatdrag1
(10), sb's name is mudatname1
1. Even under a clear blue sky, the village looked forbidding, as all the houses were built of grey mud bricks. 农舍全用灰色的土坯建成，因此，即使在晴朗的蓝天底下，村庄看上去也会令人感到难以亲近。
2. Without grass and trees and bushes and, yes, dirt and mud to get dirty in, children miss an important part of childhood. 没有了青草、没有了树木、没有了灌木，还有, 没有了弄脏他们手脚和衣服的污物泥土，孩子们就失去了童年生活中的一个重要组成部分。
3. The wheels stuck in the mud. 车轮陷在泥里了。
4. This pressure must be under control, and we control it by means of the mud which we circulate down the drill pipe. 这种压力必须加以控制，我们让泥桨顺着钻杆向下循环，用这种方法来控制压力。
5. The bottle really does contain perfumed mud. 瓶里装的的确是香水泥。
6. Harry does not need to be prompted to explain how he bought his precious bottle of mud. 毋须暗示哈里就会向你讲起他买下那瓶珍贵香水泥的经过。
7. As the diamond tip of the drill revolves, it is lubricated by mud. 在钻机的金刚钻头旋转的时候，泥浆便进行了润滑。
8. My shoes were plastered with mud. 我的鞋上沾满了烂泥。
9. Mud and silt have been continuously deposited in the lake. 泥沙不停地淤积在这湖里,
10. Intoxicated by his success, Harry then asked for perfumed mud . 哈里陶醉在他的成功里，然后提出要芳香泥。