1 (of a feeling or an action) felt or done by each towards the other （指感想或行为）相互的, 彼此的
*mutual affection, suspicion, etc, ie A is fond/suspicious of B, and B is fond/suspicious of A 彼此间的爱、猜疑等
* mutual aid, assistance, etc 相互的援助、帮助等.
2 [attrib 作定语] (of people) having the same specified relationship to each other （指人）有相同关系的
*We are mutual friends, enemies, etc. 我们彼此是朋友、敌人等.
3 [attrib 作定语] (infml 口) shared by two or more people （人与人之间）共同的, 共有的, 共享的
*our mutual friend, Smith, ie Smith, a friend of both of us 我们两人共同的朋友史密斯.
4 (idm 习语) a mutual admiration society (derog 贬) situation in which two or more people praise or openly admire each other 互相吹棒.
1400-1500; Language: French;Origin:
mutuel, from Latin
mutuus 'lent, borrowed, mutual'
mutual feelings such as respect, trust, or hatred are feelings that two or more people have for each other
→reciprocalmutual respect/trust/understanding etc Mutual respect is necessary for any partnership to work. European nations can live together in a spirit of mutual trust. I didn't like Dev, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. The two men were a mutual admiration society , gushing about how much they were learning from each other. [only before noun]
mutual support, help etc is support that two or more people give each other MAMA puts new mothers in touch with each other, for mutual support and friendship.mutual agreement/consent
when two or more people both agree to something In the end the relationship was ended by mutual agreement.mutual friend/interest
a friend or interest that two people both have We discovered a mutual interest in drama.
1. We are willing to do business with any nation on a basis of equality and mutual benefit. 我们愿意和一切国家在平等互利的基础上进行贸易。
2. This kind of variability not only loosens the parents' ability to set limits, it also sours the parent-child relationship to some degree, robbing parents and their children of some of the happiness and mutual respect that is present in healthy famili 这样的反复无定不但削弱了父母管教孩子的能力，同时也在某种程度上使父母与子女之间的关系变味 -- 使家长和子女失去存在于健康家庭里的某些幸福和相互尊重。
3. The continual source of our strength was our mutual trust and respect. 相互信任和尊重是我们俩永不枯竭的力量源泉。
4. Thus, the direction of the meeting is a mutual attempt to reduce confrontation and achieve harmony. 因此，会晤所向是双方共同努力减少对峙，谋求和谐。
5. Although our families met through a mutual friend, many Indian families meet through advertisements placed in national newspapers. 我们两家是通过一位共同的朋友认识的，但许多印度家庭则是通过全国性报纸上刊登的广告而相识的。
6. She and Nicholas purged themselves of their mutual prejudices. 她和尼古拉斯消除了彼此间的偏见。
7. Children, relatives, and the ties of mutual obligation and care are left behind, with no place to go. 而将孩子、亲属、相互间的责任和关爱统统置于脑后，全然不顾。
8. I trust that you will find me attractive, and that you won't abandon me; I trust the mutual nature of our love. 相信自己对他有吸引力，相信他不会抛弃我；相信爱是相互的。