a small pair of scissors for cutting your nails
1. Even men who can hardly drive a nail in straight are supposed to be born electricians, carpenters, plumbers and mechanics. 甚至那些连一枚钉子都钉不直的男人都被认为是天生的电工、木匠、水管工和机械师。
2. Bits of broken glass, lengths of string, a key to a door long since decayed away, a rusty knife-blade, old shoes saved for a road that never was and never will be, a nail bent under the weight of things too heavy for any nail, a dried flower or two s 碎玻璃块；小线头儿；一扇早已朽败的门上的钥匙；一把锈蚀的刀；一双为某条从来没有、将来也不会有的路而准备的旧鞋；一颗弯折的钉，它所承受过的重量足以弄折任何钉子；一两支干花，仍散发出几许花香。
3. The train cuts through infinite territory, most of it flat and boring, and it seems to me that the ceaseless rhythm of the wheels is like scissors cutting a three-thousand-mile rip through my life. 列车飞快地穿过茫茫无际的大地——大部分土地平坦，但令人感到厌烦。对我来说，车轮不间断地发出的有节奏的声音就象一把剪刀，咔嚓咔嚓地在我的生命长河中剪出了一条长达 3.000 英里的口子。
4. He drove in the nail with one stroke of the hammer. 他铁锤一敲就把钉子钉进去。
5. Jane: I´m going to get a tape,some glue or paste,a stapler and a pair of scissors. 珍妮:我要买一卷录音带, 一些粘胶和浆糊, 一个订书机和一把剪刀.
6. I have bought a small pair of scissors to cut my nails. 我买了一把小剪刀剪指甲。