1 (a) without clothes on 裸体的
*a naked body 裸体
* as naked as the day he was born 像他出生时那样赤裸的.
(b) [usu attrib 通常作定语] without the usual covering 没有通常的遮盖物的
*a naked sword, ie one without its sheath 无鞘的剑
* fight with naked fists, ie without boxing-gloves 赤手拳击（不戴拳击手套）
* naked trees, ie without leaves 光秃秃的树（无树叶）
* a naked light, eg an electric bulb without a lampshade 无灯罩的电灯.
2 (fig 比喻) not disguised 无隐蔽的; 无掩饰的
*the naked truth 赤裸裸的事实.
3 (idm 习语) the naked `eye eyesight without the use of a telescope, a microscope, etc 肉眼
*Microbes are too small to be seen by the naked eye. 微生物很小, 肉眼看不见.
[Language: Old English;Origin:
not wearing any clothes or not covered by clothes
→bare The children ran naked through the yard. a picture of a naked man They found the body lying half naked in the grass. The governor ordered the prisoner to be stripped naked and whipped.stark nakedalsobuck naked/naked as a jaybirdAmE
(=completely naked) the naked eye
if you can see something with the naked eye, you can see it without using anything to help you, such as a telescopevisible to/with the naked eye The mite is just visible to the naked eye. Through his telescope he could see millions of stars that were invisible to the naked eye .
weak and unable to protect yourself Standing in front on his first day of teaching, Brad felt completely naked .naked truth/self-interest/aggression etc
etc that is not hidden and is shocking The President condemned the invasion as an act of naked aggression.naked light/flame/sword etc
a light, flame etc that is not enclosed by a cover A naked light bulb dangled from the ceiling.>nakedlyadv>nakednessn[U]
1. Naked, except for a light hospital gown, she is so very small and light that she seems like a victim of some terrible famine. 除了一件浅色的病号服，她什么也没穿。她又小又轻，简直像一个严重饥荒的受害者。
2. He could only avert his eyes; he had never seen a woman naked. 他只能避开眼去; 他从未见过裸体的女人。
3. A naked body was discovered in the woods. 在林子里发现一具赤裸的尸体。
4. Again and again she asked him to be merciful, until at last, he answered jokingly, "I will do what you ask only if you will ride naked through the streets of Coventry at noon." 她一遍又一遍地恳求她丈夫宽厚些，直到最终，他开了个玩笑说：“如果你在中午一丝不挂骑着马穿考文垂的大街小巷，你要我干什么我就干什么。”
5. Lady Godiva rode naked through the empty streets of Coventry the next day. 第二天葛黛瓦夫人一丝不挂骑着马穿过了空无一人的街道。