adj deserving to be noticed; remarkable 值得注意的; 显着的; 着名的
*a notable success, event, discovery 令人瞩目的成功、事件、发现
* a notable artist, writer, etc 着名的艺术家、作家等.
n famous or important person 名人; 要人.
adj [usually before noun]
important, interesting, excellent, or unusual enough to be noticed or mentioned
A notable feature of the church is its unusual bell tower.
Every country in the world signed the treaty, with one notable exception - the United States.
The town is notable for its busy open-air market.
1. He was a notable lawyer. 他是一名著名的律师.
2. He is the most valiant soldier and most notable leader. 他是最英勇的战士和最著名的领导人.
3. And had a picture painted which was dedicated to the memory of ´the most valiant soldier and most notable leader, Signor Giovanni Haukodue.´ 并为他画像以纪念这位´骁勇无比的战士、杰出的领袖乔凡尼.阿库托先生.´
4. Up to the time of his death, Richard Colson was one of the most notable figures in our town. 理查德.科尔森生前是我们镇上最有名望的人之一。