1. Being laid off from work, job loss and recession (衰退) have always affected Walter Cronkite's tone of voice and the editor's page. 下岗、失业和经济不景气一直影响着沃尔特·克朗凯特的情绪和报纸的社论版。
2. We shall all remember Mr. Page for his patience and understanding and for the kindly encouragement he gave us when we went so unwillingly to school. 我们不会忘记佩奇先生对我们既有耐心又充满理解，也不会忘记在我们不愿去上学时他给予我们的亲切鼓励。
3. The debutante´s photograph was at the head of the society page. 那位初进社交界少女的照片登在社会版的最上头。
4. There are 58 lines on this page. 这一页有五十八行。
5. Turn to page two. 请翻到第二页.
6. The husband worked in the evenings, and often far into the night, copying manuscripts at five sous a page. 丈夫在晚上也要工作，而且还经常通宵达旦，以每页5苏的价钱代别人抄写手稿。
7. The Romans thought that odd numbers were lucky and they took a day from a 30-day month — from February — to get an extra 31-day month. 罗马人认为奇数是吉祥的数字，他们从一个有30天的月份——2月份——中去掉了一天，从而又多了一个有31天的月份。
8. His letter was succinct, with all the major points on one page. 他的信很简洁，所有的重点都在一页上。
9. A page covered with musical notation. 一页乐谱.
10. And one odd finding that makes the problem puzzling is that it looks very much as if sleeping is not simply a matter of giving the body a rest. 一项使人对这个问题感到困惑的奇怪的发现是，睡眠在很大程度似乎并不仅仅是为了使身体得到休息。