1. Bamboo is this kind of grass. It grows up straight and thin, with branches at the top. 竹子就是这种草. 它长得又直又细, 顶端长着枝权.
2. Beneath his gruff exterior he´s really very kind-hearted. 他外表粗鲁, 心地却十分善良.
3. 'We kind of like that spirit. We don't like it with the negative attitudes. We want to turn that spirit positive.'" '我们有几分喜欢这种活力，但并不喜欢它消极的一面，而是要将它转化成积极的一面。'"
4. By announcing this, it joined more than 300 other U.S. companies that had admitted to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that they had made payments of one kind or another — bribes, extra discounts, etc. — in recent years. 这一事实的披露，使克莱斯勒与其他300多家美国公司一样，向美国证券交易委员会承认自己近年曾有过某种形式的支出，像贿赂、额外打折等等。
5. For fear the agents of other firms should be able to trace the kind of research they are likely to be undertaking. 他们生怕别的公司的情报人员据此摸到他们可能要从事的某项科研项目。
6. We are We are both happy because our parents are kind. 我们俩都很快乐,因为我们的父母很和蔼.
7. Wasp is a kind of flying insect. 黄蜂是一种飞虫.
8. In fact they did nothing of the kind, but children were then too cowed to let them know how they really felt. 实际上那是根本不行的。孩子们只不过被吓得不敢让父母知道自己的想法罢了。
9. It must be known to any kind of radio astronomer in the universe. 这个频率是宇宙中任何射电天文学家都应该熟悉的。
10. Without something of this kind, searching for intelligences on other planets would be like trying to meet a friend in London without a pre-arranged rendezvous and absurdly wandering the streets in the hope of a chance encounter. 没有这手段，要想寻觅其他星球上的智力生命，就如同去伦敦见一位朋友，事先未约定地点，而荒唐地在街上游逛，以期待碰巧遇上一样。