1. Easton read the letters several times over and finally with an oath threw them on the table. 伊斯顿把三封信反复地读了好几遍，最后大骂一声扔到了桌子上。
2. But, in contrast, it is only in modern times that Galileo has become a problem child for historians of science. 但是相比之下，对于科学史家来说，伽利略只是在现代才变成了一个新的难题。
3. But there were times when not a single piece of dry wood could be found and even Humboldt lay with his eyes wide open, listening to the roars of the beasts that surrounded them. 但也有一块干木也找不到的时候，就连洪堡也睁大了眼睛躺在那里，听着包围他们的野兽的吼叫。
4. But I know the times I don't have one myself. 但我知道有时候我自己没有拥有一颗"好心"。
5. When woken at other times they reported no dreams. 在其他期间叫醒他们，则说没有做梦。
6. When people added one extra day to February every four years, they were adding 24 hours, whereas they should have added only 4 times 5 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds — a total of 23 hours, 15 minutes and 4 seconds. 人们每四年给2月增加一天，这就增加了24小时，但实际上他们应该增加4个5小时48分46秒——一共是23小时15分4秒。
7. In Modern Times in 1936, the first film in which he was heard as a singing waiter, he made up a nonsense language which sounded like no known nationality. 1936的《摩登时代》是第一部他在影片里发声唱歌的电影，他扮演一名侍者，操着编造的胡言乱语，听起来不像任何国家的语言。
8. Three times Della counted it. 德拉数了三遍.
9. Tommy´s been to the lavatory three times this morning, but I haven´t had any change yet! 今天上午汤米上了三次厕所, 但是我还没有找到小硬币.
10. The rule is that someone must be on duty at all times. 按照规定, 任何时候均需有人值班.