1. Bill: Gee, Mike, I just remembered a really important appointent! I´m really late! I really have to go. Bye, Mike! 比尔:呀,迈可,我刚想起一个很重要的约会!我真是来不及了!我真地必须走了!再见,迈可!
2. By the late forties and early fifties no one rolled his own anymore (and few women smoked) in my hometown of Eatonton, Georgia. 到40年代末、50年代初，我的家乡乔治亚州的伊顿镇上已没有人再自己手工制作卷烟了（而且几乎没有女人抽烟）。
3. But studying my textbooks late at night in the library of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), I would dream, not of India, but of America, the land of opportunity. 但是, 当我深夜在印度技术学院的图书馆里啃着书本的时候，我脑子经常想的不是印度，而是美国这个机会之国。
4. When the singer was late, the audience grew restive. 歌手迟迟不出场, 听众变得不耐烦了。
5. We both tried to get the coins, but it was too late. 我们俩都试图把这两枚硬币拿出来，但太迟了。
6. The plane was late and detectives were waiting at the airport all morning. 飞机晚点了,侦探们在机场等了整整一个上午.
7. This is the fourth time you have been late to school. 你这是第四次上学迟到了。
8. The heavy frost in late spring was ruinous to the crops. 暮春的严霜对庄稼危害极大。
9. Late-night parties in apartment blocks, noisy neighbours, vehicles of all kinds, especially large container trucks thundering through quiet villages, planes and helicopters flying overhead, 大声吵闹的邻居，各式各样的车辆，特别是穿越寂静的村庄的集装箱卡车，从头顶飞过的飞机和直升机，被带到公共场所、
10. They are often more industrious, useful citizens than those who are never late. 他们与那些从不迟到的人相比，常常是更勤奋有用的公民。