of two evils choose the less
of two evils choose the less为短语/超纲词汇
1. Back in the good old days of stable economic expansion — the 1950s and 1960s — a person could choose to do something new, exciting, and creative in life but could also choose to say, "That's not for me: 回顾过去经济平稳发展的好时光--20世纪的50年代和60年代--人们可能会选择生活中某种既新鲜刺激，又有创意的事干，但是也可能会说：
2. Why did you choose that particular book? 你为什么偏挑了那一本书呢？
3. We had to listen to a peroration on the evils of drink! 我们得听一个关於酗酒害处的冗长报告!
4. Which route did you choose? 你挑选了哪条路?
5. Work banishes those three great evils : boredom , vice, and poverty.(Voltaire , French philosopher ) 工作撵跑三个魔鬼：无聊、堕落和贫穷。 (法国哲学家 伏尔基泰)
6. What invariably happens is that a great number of things choose to go wrong at precisely the same moment. 情况经常是这样的，许许多多的事情都偏偏赶在同一时刻出问题，
7. We can now not only choose our marriage partner, we also can divorce that partner at will, subject children to our own adult worship of happiness, and deny the other parent any regular contact with their children. 现在我们不仅可以选择配偶，也可以任意与其离婚，将我们成人对幸福的崇拜置于孩子的利益之上，也可以阻止另一方与孩子有任何经常性的来往。
8. There was no middle point. They had a simple saying hanging on their living-room wall: "Life is like a field of newly fallen snow. Where I choose to walk every step will show." 两者之间没有折中可言。在他们起居室的墙上挂着一幅字，上面写着一句朴实无华的格言：“生活如雪后初霁的大地。足之所至，迹必留之。”
9. Having done that, we then attribute to the process of ageing per se all the evils we see and fear about growing old. 我们这样地对待她们，然后将对于衰老的种种不幸和恐惧统统归因于衰老过程本身。
10. At this time they could choose their favorite boy for a husband. 这时她们就会挑选她们最中意的小伙子做丈夫。