1. But when I met Mark I found him a charming and intelligent young guy. 但是当我见到马克时，我发现他是一个既讨人喜欢又聪明的年轻人。
2. This continental slope usually starts at a place somewhere near the 100-fathom mark and in the course of a few hundred miles reaches the true ocean floor at 2,500-3,500 fathoms. 大陆架慢坡一般是从差不多100英寻水深的地方开始的，一直延伸到几百英里远深达2，500至3，500的地方，那里才是真正的海底。
3. Turning those pages and studying their photographs is like flowing on a sad current that, like Blake's Thames, seems to "mark in every face, marks of weakness, marks of woe." 一张张翻看并研读这些照片，仿佛漂流在一条让人伤心的河流上，就像身处英国诗人布莱克笔下的泰晤士河畔，似乎 "看见每一个过往行人都是满脸饥色，满脸愁苦。"
4. He thinks fine clothes are a mark of gentility. 他认为衣著讲究是身分高贵的标志.
5. Has Mark flown solo yet? 马克已经单飞了吗？
6. "Mark has had problems with citizenship before and has always taken care of them himself," Gail defended. " "马克以前是有过公民身份方面的问题，但他总是在自己处理这些问题," 盖尔辩解道。"
7. "Why the haste? Who is this Mark? What's his citizenship status?" "干吗这么匆忙？这个马克是什么人？他是什么公民身份?"
8. "But Mark and I have been together more than two years," Gail railed. "但是我和马克呆在一起已有2年多了," 盖尔抱怨道。
9. Some day I am going to read Shakespeare and Bernard Shaw and Dickens and Mark Twain — all in the original! 总有一天，我会去读莎士比亚、肖伯纳、狄更斯和马克·吐温的原著！
10. So you see, Mark's color is not the problem. My biggest worry is that you may be marrying Mark for the same wrong reasons that I married your father. 因此要明白，马克的肤色不是个问题。我最大的担心的是你也许跟我当初嫁给你爸爸一样，是因为错误的原因而嫁给马克的。