/,ɒf 'ki:; [US] ,ɔ:f; `ɔf`ki/
adj, adv out of tune 走调（的）; 不和谐（的）
*sing off-key 唱走了调
* (fig 比喻) Some of his remarks were rather off-key, ie not fitting or suitable. 他的话有些是走了板儿了.
music that is off-key sounds unpleasant because it is played slightly above or below the correct pitch
→in tune The band sounded slightly off-key.>off-keyadv Someone upstairs was singing off-key.
1. Education is one of the key words of our time. 教育是我们这个时代的关键词之一。
2. Betty: Can I have the key to the front door , please? 贝蒂:我可以带前门钥匙吗?
3. Bits of broken glass, lengths of string, a key to a door long since decayed away, a rusty knife-blade, old shoes saved for a road that never was and never will be, a nail bent under the weight of things too heavy for any nail, a dried flower or two s 碎玻璃块；小线头儿；一扇早已朽败的门上的钥匙；一把锈蚀的刀；一双为某条从来没有、将来也不会有的路而准备的旧鞋；一颗弯折的钉，它所承受过的重量足以弄折任何钉子；一两支干花，仍散发出几许花香。
4. Bad as well as good moods add flavor to life and build character. The key is balance. 坏情绪和好情绪都给我们的生活增添了风味，也构成了我们的性格，关键是要平衡。
5. The key to a solution of that problem lay in an everyday observation. 可以从我们的日常生活观察中找到这个问题的答案。
6. The key is to be satisfied with gradual improvement, expecting and accepting the occasional slips that come with any change. 关键是你要对逐渐的进步感到满足，要预见到并接受可能伴随这种改变而来的偶尔失误。
7. The key to escape is the smaller tunnel that runs between the two train tunnels. 逃生出口的关键所在是运行于两条火车主隧道间的一条小隧道。
8. Telecommunications is also a key to Shanghai's dream of becoming a top financial center. 通信工程也是上海实现其成为一流金融中心这一梦想的关键。
9. ´Well, I´d prefer to stay here,´ I said. ´You see, I´ve forgotten my key.´ "可我更愿意呆在这儿，"我说，"您瞧，我忘带钥匙了。"
10. ´My key,´ I shouted. "钥匙！"我喊道。