/'ɒf laɪsns; `ɔf,laɪsns/
(a) (US `package store) shop or part of a public house where alcoholic drinks are sold to be taken away 持有准许外卖酒类执照的酒店或柜台.
(b) licence for this 准许外卖酒类的执照.
a shop that sells wine, beer, and other alcoholic drinks, in bottles or cans
American Equivalent: liquor store
1. Attendant: I don´t know, sir. What´s the licence number of your car? 服务员: 我不知道, 先生. 你的汽车牌号是什么?
2. Can I see your licence? 我可以看一下你的证件吗?
3. Let me see your driving- licence and your insurance certificate. 让我看看你的驾驶执照和保险证明.
4. Let me see your driving licence. 让我看一看你的驾驶执照。
5. I was being tested for a driving licence for the third time. 我第3次接受驾驶执照考试。