/'ɒf stri:t; [US] 'ɔ:f; `ɔf`strit/
adj [attrib 作定语] not on the public road 不在道路上的
*off-street parking only 只准在路面以外停车.
places for parking that are not on public streets
1. But then we move on to the next stage of the training, where some of the problems which actually crop up on the street are imitated. 然后进入训练的下一步：模拟在街道上实际会出现的一些问题。
2. Before being allowed to leave the police for medical reasons, they lost between them 12,000 days on sick leave: the equivalent of 50 police officers off the street for a full year. 在因健康原因而获准退休前，他们共请病假12,000日，相当于50名警员休假一年。
3. We go along the noisy street. 我们沿着那条喧闹的街道走.
4. We must put a stop to parking in this narrow street. 我们务必使人们不再在这狭窄的街道停车。
5. When we later walked down the main street of the village, we were followed by a silent procession of children. 后来，我们在村里的主要街道上行走的时候，一队默不作声的孩子跟在我们后头。
6. When he was driving along Catford Street recently, he saw two thieves rush out of a shop and run towards a waiting car. 最近，当他正开车在凯特福德街上行驶时，看到有两个小偷从一家商店里冲出来，奔向等在那里的一辆汽车，
7. We finally stopped in front of a narrow street lined on either side with small one-level houses. 我们终于在一条狭窄的、两边都排列着矮小平房的街道前面停了下来。
8. When street gangs substitute for families and schoolyard insults end in knife attacks, 当街头团伙取代了家庭环境，当校园辱骂导致了械斗，
9. The brawl in the street could be heard in the house nearby. 附近的房子都可听到街上的争吵声。
10. The large house being built in the street is a new hospital. 正在街上兴建的那座大楼是一所医院。