/,ɒf 'waɪt; [US] ,ɔ:f 'hwaɪt; `ɔf`hwaɪt/
n, adj not pure white, but with a very pale grey or yellow tinge 灰白色（的）; 米色（的）
*paint a room off-white 把房间涂成米色
* ,off-white `paint 米色涂料.
a white colour that has some yellow or grey in it
an off-white blouse
1. Everyone was curious to see those young men fresh from Europe, still wearing their white linen shirts and striped waistcoats and buckled shoes. 大家都好奇地看着这两个刚从欧洲来的青年人，他们俩人依然欧洲打扮，身穿雪白细麻衬衣，花条呢背心，带靴扣的皮靴。
2. Behind him stood an enormous Russian, about six foot four, in the white coat of a Russian waiter. 斯大林后面站着一个高大的俄国人，大约有六英尺四英寸高，身穿俄国侍者的白色礼服。
3. But why is he a black man? Why is he a Negro male with a worn T-shirt and shining eyes? Why is he not a white man? 我又想象另一种可能性。当我听见那个声音时，我正带着枪在街上走。那人一定没看见我的枪。
4. Balanced at the edge of a narrow white platform, I am about to jump head first into a hot new phase of Japan's leisure boom: indoor sky diving, without a parachute. 我在一块窄窄的白色跳板前端站稳，准备头朝下跳出去。这一跳将跳进日本休闲热中的一个崭新的热门项目：室内蹦极跳，不带降落伞的。
5. When he smiled he exposed a set of perfect white teeth. 他笑时露出了一口漂亮的白牙.
6. When he went outside half an hour later, he was astonished to find that the little black lamb was almost white. 半小时后，当他从屋里出来时，他惊奇地发现小黑羔羊全身几乎都变成白色。
7. When you rescued your trousers, did you find the note was whiter than white? 当你把裤子抢救出来时，你有没有发现那张纸币已经变得比白纸还白?
8. We looked at old Maggie and saw that her poor face was as white as a sheet. 我们看着老马吉，她那张脸看上去像纸一样白。
9. White-faced and shaking, Charles stared after him. “But … but … what about … the police?” he finally was able to say. 脸色惨白的查尔斯还在发抖，他盯着侍者离去的身影，半晌才说出话，"可…… 可是…… 警察呢？"
10. While white people had previously been used as models for most American coins, famed artist James Earle Fraser went against tradition by using three actual American Indians as models for his creation. 此前一直是白人被用作美国硬币上的模特，而著名的艺术家詹姆斯·厄尔·弗雷泽却反传统而行之，起用了三名真正的美洲印第安人作为自己创作的原型。