1. Each of the five people had one fifth of the cake. 五个人分那块糕，每人分得五分之一。
2. Eletricity must be generated by the consumption of coal or oil 发电需要消耗煤或石油.
3. Blend the butter and the sugar before adding other ingredients of the cake. 在加蛋糕的其它成分之前,先把奶油和糖混合一下.
4. By way of contrast oil can be transported large distance by pipeline. 不同的是, 石油可以用输油管远距离输送.
5. But we do not need to send men down to get the oil out, as we must with other mineral deposits. 但是，我们不必像开采其他矿藏那样，把人送到地下去把石油取出。
6. Because of this, we kept looking back, wondering if we were leaving a trail of oil and petrol behind us. 因此，我们不时地掉过头，怀疑车后是否留下了机油和汽油的痕迹。
7. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当钻孔地点决定后, 我们就在那块地面上坚起一个井架.
8. When an Englishman say ´cake´ , he means sweet cake. 英国人说‘cake’的时候，指的是甜的蛋糕。
9. We endeavour to avoid the old, romantic idea of a gusher, which wastes oil and gas. 我们力图避免那种有关喷油井的陈旧的, 不切实际的计划, 这种计划浪费油和天然气.
10. We are making a big cake. 我们在做一个大蛋糕.