1. Eletricity must be generated by the consumption of coal or oil 发电需要消耗煤或石油.
2. By way of contrast oil can be transported large distance by pipeline. 不同的是, 石油可以用输油管远距离输送.
3. But we do not need to send men down to get the oil out, as we must with other mineral deposits. 但是，我们不必像开采其他矿藏那样，把人送到地下去把石油取出。
4. Because of this, we kept looking back, wondering if we were leaving a trail of oil and petrol behind us. 因此，我们不时地掉过头，怀疑车后是否留下了机油和汽油的痕迹。
5. But in recent years, as environmental damage has increased, signs of change have sprung up in various pockets around the world. 但近年来，随着环境损害的日益严重，世界各地已经出现了许多变化的迹象。
6. But if he evaluates his feelings, he can change them. 但如果他能确认一下自己的感觉，他就能改变这种状况。
7. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当钻孔地点决定后, 我们就在那块地面上坚起一个井架.
8. We endeavour to avoid the old, romantic idea of a gusher, which wastes oil and gas. 我们力图避免那种有关喷油井的陈旧的, 不切实际的计划, 这种计划浪费油和天然气.
9. Why don´t you buy me a drink for a change, you old miser! 你就不能也请我喝一杯, 你这老财迷!
10. We mix oil and vinegar to put on salad. 我们把油和醋搀和在一起，用来拌色拉。