1. Eletricity must be generated by the consumption of coal or oil 发电需要消耗煤或石油.
2. By way of contrast oil can be transported large distance by pipeline. 不同的是, 石油可以用输油管远距离输送.
3. But we do not need to send men down to get the oil out, as we must with other mineral deposits. 但是，我们不必像开采其他矿藏那样，把人送到地下去把石油取出。
4. Because of this, we kept looking back, wondering if we were leaving a trail of oil and petrol behind us. 因此，我们不时地掉过头，怀疑车后是否留下了机油和汽油的痕迹。
5. By this time her legs were beginning to tremble, so she sat down and accepted a cup of very strong tea, while he telephoned the police. 这时她两腿累得开始发抖，于是坐了下来，喝了一杯浓茶。与此同时，看门的人给警察挂了电话。
6. Would you like another cup of tea? 你要再来一杯茶吗?
7. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当钻孔地点决定后, 我们就在那块地面上坚起一个井架.
8. We endeavour to avoid the old, romantic idea of a gusher, which wastes oil and gas. 我们力图避免那种有关喷油井的陈旧的, 不切实际的计划, 这种计划浪费油和天然气.
9. Where´s my cup and saucer? 我的茶杯和茶托在哪儿呢?
10. We mix oil and vinegar to put on salad. 我们把油和醋搀和在一起，用来拌色拉。