adj (of areas of rock underground) containing mineral oil （指地下岩层）含矿物油的.
oil-bearing rock contains oil
1. Eletricity must be generated by the consumption of coal or oil 发电需要消耗煤或石油.
2. Each time mine broke down, lost a screw, needed a new roller bearing, the brake wouldn't work, etc., and I called Suzanne, I had to endure a little lecture. 每次我的轮椅坏了，掉了螺丝，需要换轴承，或刹车不灵等，我都打电话给苏珊娜，但每次都要挨训。
3. By way of contrast oil can be transported large distance by pipeline. 不同的是, 石油可以用输油管远距离输送.
4. But we do not need to send men down to get the oil out, as we must with other mineral deposits. 但是，我们不必像开采其他矿藏那样，把人送到地下去把石油取出。
5. Because of this, we kept looking back, wondering if we were leaving a trail of oil and petrol behind us. 因此，我们不时地掉过头，怀疑车后是否留下了机油和汽油的痕迹。
6. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当钻孔地点决定后, 我们就在那块地面上坚起一个井架.
7. We endeavour to avoid the old, romantic idea of a gusher, which wastes oil and gas. 我们力图避免那种有关喷油井的陈旧的, 不切实际的计划, 这种计划浪费油和天然气.
8. We mix oil and vinegar to put on salad. 我们把油和醋搀和在一起，用来拌色拉。
9. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当确定钻孔地点后，我们就在那里竖起一个井架。
10. We endeavour to avoid the old, romantic idea of a gusher, which wastes oil and gas. 我们尽量避免使用陈旧天真的喷井方法，那样会浪费石油和天然气。