(fem 阴性作 `old girl)
1 former pupil of a particular school 校友
*an old boys' reunion 男校友聚会.
2 old `boy, old `girl (infml 口) old person 老人
*the old `girl who lives next door 住在隔壁的老太太.
3 (idm 习语) the old-boy network the tendency among old boys, esp of British private schools, to help each other in later life （男的）老同学关系网.
a man who used to be a student at a school an old boys' reunionthe old-boy network
the system by which men who went to the same school, belong to the same club etc use their influence to help each otherBrE spoken
an old man He's a nice old boy.BrE old-fashioned
used when speaking to a male friend How are you, old boy?
1. But they suddenly became the parents of quintuplets, four girls and a boy. 但是他们突然变成了五胞胎的父母：四个女孩一个男孩。
2. But they suddenly became the parents of quintuplets, four girls and a boy, an even which radically changed their lives. 但是他们突然变成了五胞胎的父母：四个女孩一个男孩。
3. But they suddenly became the parents of quintuplets, four girls and a boy, an event which radically changed their lives. 但是他们出人意料生了个五胞胎，4女1男。这事使他们的生活发生了根本的变化。
4. Before he retired, Frank was the head of a very large business company, but as a boy he used to work in a small shop. 在退休前，弗兰克是一家非常大的商业公司的经理，但他小时候却在一家小铺里做工。
5. We will visit a boy named Charlie Green. 我们将拜访一个名叫查利・格林的男孩
6. When they passed the place where the dead boy lay, each soldier saluted. 当他们路过停放着男孩尸体的地方时, 每个士兵都向他敬礼.
7. When I was a teenager, I felt that I was just young and uncertain----that I was a new boy in a huge school. 我十几岁时，总感到自己年轻，有些事拿不准 -- 我是一所大学里的一名新生，
8. When I was a boy, my grandfather told me how a German taxi driver, 当我是个孩子的时候，我祖父给我讲了一位德国出租汽车司机弗朗兹。
9. While we were having breakfast, our little boy, Tommy, found two small coins on the floor. 正当我们吃早饭时，我们的小男孩汤米在地上找到两枚小硬币。
10. The new boy had an auspicious first day in the elementary school. 那新上小学的男孩有幸运的第一天。