1. For the woman´s eyes immediately lit up and she fetched several bottles which she placed on the counter for Harry to inspect. 因为那女售货员听完哈里的话后，马上眼睛一亮，拿出几瓶东西放在柜台上让哈里挑选。
2. When the girl shook her head in bewilderment, Harry went on to explain it. 当这个售货员为难地摇着头时，哈里继续解释.
3. When Harry put on his act of being mildly annoyed, the girl promised to order some for him. 当哈里装出懊恼的样子，那位姑娘答应帮他订购一些。
4. When Harry put on his act of being mildly annoyed, the assistant promised to order some for him. 哈里装出不高兴的样子时，女售货员答应为他定货。
5. Tom went off in one direction and Harry in another. 汤姆朝一个方向走, 哈里则朝另一个方向走.
6. The shop assistant looked puzzled and Harry repeated the word, slowly stressing each syllable. 店员露出诧异的神色。哈里又慢慢地，一字一顿说了一遍这个词，
7. Harold´s nickname was Harry. 哈罗德的昵称是哈里.
8. Harry is a painstaking student. 哈里是个肯下苦功的学生。
9. How Harry came into the possession of this outlandish stuff makes an interesting story which he is fond of relating. 哈里如何得到这种稀奇古怪的东西的，这里有个有趣的故事，而且他挺爱把它讲给别人听。
10. Harry used to consider it a great joke to go into expensive cosmetic shops and make outrageous requests for goods that do not exist. 哈里曾认为走进一家名贵化妆品商店，荒唐地提出要买一种根本不存在的商品是件开心的事儿。