(infml 口) one's mother or wife 母亲; 妻子.
sb's old lady
old-fashioned informal someone's wife, mother, or girlfriend
Where's your old lady?
1. Everyone in the party was attracted by the imposing elderly lady. 晚会上的所有人都被那个仪态雍容的老妇人所吸引。
2. Bassanio, Antonio´s best friend, was in love with Portia, a rich andbeautiful lady who also loved him. 巴萨尼奥是安东尼奥最好的朋友，他爱上了一位富有、漂亮的女子鲍西娅，她也爱他.
3. We couldn´t induce the old lady to travel by air. 我们无法劝说那位老太太坐飞机去.
4. The benign old lady sent us a kind and warm smile. 那位和蔼亲切的老婆婆给我们一个亲切而温暖的微笑。
5. The old kind lady has compassion on all sufferers. 这位好心的老妇人同情所有受苦的人。
6. The old lady thought he was a fussy creature. 老妇人认为他是个大惊小怪的家伙。
7. The robber tied the old lady to a pillar. 强盗把老太太捆在柱子上。
8. The old lady walked slowly up the hill. 老妇慢慢地向山上走去。
9. The reader´s hair stands on end when he reads in the final pages of the novel that the heroine, a dear old lady who had always been so kind to everybody, had, in her youth, poisoned every one of her five husbands. 当读者到小说最后几页了解到书中女主人公，那位一向待大家很好的可爱的老妇人年轻时一连毒死了她的5个丈夫时，不禁会毛骨悚然。
10. The old lady was glad to be back at the block of flats where she lived. 老妇人回到了她居住的公寓楼，心里很高兴。