1. By denying our ageing, we hope to escape the penalties placed upon growing old. 我们想用否认衰老来逃避年老所要受的苦难。
2. We waited for news with a growing sense of anxiety. 我们等待著消息, 越来越焦急.
3. We were happy to see that most of them were growing well. 我们高兴地看到这些树大部分都长得很好。
4. When I was growing up, I was embarrassed to be seen with my father. 还在我未成年时，如果有人看到我和父亲在一块儿，
5. Women and youth in rural Southern communities now constitute the fastest growing segment of people with AIDS. 南部农村社区的妇女和青年是数量增长最快的艾滋病患者群体。
6. This growing poverty in the midst of growing poverty constitutes a permanent menace to peace. 这种在贫困不断增长中增长着的贫困, 构成了对和平的持久威胁.
7. The audience was growing restless. 观众变得不安起来。
8. The grapes are growing well on the vine. 葡萄在藤上长得十分好。
9. There are many kinds of wood growing in this forest. 这片森林出产各种木材.
10. There is none of the hurry which, in our society, often hampers the full development of a growing personality. 那里没有我们今天社会中的匆忙生活，而匆忙的生活常常妨碍个性的全面发展。