1. Every year the United States is host to an average of 78,000 foreign high school level students, of which 3,000 are Brazilian. 美国平均每年要接待78,000名中学学历程度的外国学生，其中3,000个来自巴西。
2. Each week a computer totals the average length of your calls; if it is under 14 minutes, you're in trouble. 每周，电脑会累计你所接听电话的平均长度；如果不到14分钟，你就有麻烦了。
3. BellSouth Corporation, with operations in four wireless markets, estimates its annual revenue per average customer at about $2,000 as compared to $860 in the United States. 在四个无线电话市场有营运点的贝尔南方电话公司估计它的年收入约为平均每个客户2,000美元，与之相比，在美国国内的收入是860美元。
4. The average of 4, 5 and 9 is 6. 4、5、9三个数的平均数是6.
5. The average output of the factory is 20 cars a day. 该工厂的平均产量是每天20辆汽车.
6. These huge stone blocks weigh an average of two and a half tons each, as much as a small car. 这些巨大的石块平均每块重２吨半，像一辆小型轿车那样重，
7. The government hopes to reduce this average to 2.1 children per woman by 2005. 印尼政府希望到2005年的时候，每个妇女的平均生育数可下降到2.1个。
8. They used to suffer for about 37 hours after surgery on average with a plastic tube as thick as a thumb running through their mouth or nose and down 11 inches of their throat. 过去，手术后病人平均要疼大约37个小时，一根拇指粗细的塑料导管经口腔或鼻腔插入喉咙，深至11英寸。
9. Thanks to the team, the hospital stay of an open-heart surgery patient dropped from an average of nine days to seven days. 由于该小组的工作，开胸手术病人的平均住院时间从9天减到7天。
10. The not too surprising result was that the children whose parents were simply supportive were happier than average but were not particularly intense in their concentration when studying or working on something. 结果并不太意外。支持型父母的孩子所感到的快乐程度高于平均水平，但学习或做事时却不是那么高度集中精力。