1. Even if a piped water supply is safe at its source, it is not always safe by the time it reaches the tap. 即使管道供水系统在水源处安全的，等水到达龙头时就不一定总是安全的了。
2. Water dripped from the tap. 水从龙头里慢慢流下来。
3. Travellers on short trips to areas with water supplies of uncertain quality should avoid drinking tap-water, or untreated water from any other source. 短途旅行到水质不保险的地区时，应避免饮用水龙头的水或未经处理任何其他来源的水。
4. This principle works elsewhere as well. To enhance your creativity, learn something new. If you're a banker, take up tap dancing; if you're a nurse, try a course in vitamin therapy. 这个道理在其他方面也同样有效。要提高创造力，就得学习新的知识。如果你是银行家，就学一学跳踢踏舞；如果你是护士，就学一学维他命疗法。
5. And Polly (波莉), my grandmother, who perfected a brush to clean the inside of a water tap. 还有波莉，就是我的外祖母，她改进了一把刷子用来清洁水龙头的内部。
6. As soon as I tap on the window, you must stop within five feet.´ 我一敲车窗，你必须把车停在5英尺之内。"
7. Intermittent tap-water supplies should be regarded as particularly suspect. 断断续续的水管应该被视为是非常可疑的。
8. If no other safe water supply can be obtained, tap water that is too hot to touch can be left to cool and is generally safe to drink. 如果没有其他安全的饮用水，水管中流出的烫手的水可以留下来冷却。这种水一般是安全的。