1. Balanced at the edge of a narrow white platform, I am about to jump head first into a hot new phase of Japan's leisure boom: indoor sky diving, without a parachute. 我在一块窄窄的白色跳板前端站稳，准备头朝下跳出去。这一跳将跳进日本休闲热中的一个崭新的热门项目：室内蹦极跳，不带降落伞的。
2. He felt an irresistible impulse to jump. 他突然有个无法抗拒的冲动, 想跳下去.
3. He is a keen and resourceful politician. 他是个头脑敏锐又足智多谋的政治家。
4. ----spawning a new generation of garage start-ups and giving the U.S. a jump on its foreign rivals in getting new products to market fast. --造就新一代从汽车间起家的技术人员，在把产品推向市场方面使美国把它的外国对手们打个措手不及。
5. How high can I jump? 我能跳多高？
6. He talked of the old college days when he and Gaston had been best friends, of the days of keen ambitions and large intentions. 谈他在大学里与加斯顿是好朋友，谈那时曾雄心勃勃，志向高远。
7. Dogs have a keen sense of smell. 狗的嗅觉很灵敏.
8. Dick Fosbury had a new technique for doing the high jump. 迪克・福斯贝里有一种跳高的新技术。
9. A third, a keen viewer of TV theatre, recognized a phrase in the poem which had been used as the title of a recent play. 第三个学生是电视剧的热心观众，他记起了最近有一出剧就是用这首诗中的一句话作为剧名。