1. We had to listen to a long harangue about our own shortcomings. 我们必须去听一有关我们缺点的长篇大论。
2. We had to listen to a peroration on the evils of drink! 我们得听一个关於酗酒害处的冗长报告!
3. We had to listen to a long sermon about not wasting money. 我们硬著头皮听了一通别浪费钱的大道理.
4. Want to listen to your favorite guitar player's latest jazz cassette? 是不是想听听你最喜欢的吉他手最新的爵士乐磁带？
5. The government has been pressing for computer makers to include a special chip in their machines to allow police agencies to listen to electronic communications. 政府一直在敦促电脑制造商在机中加装一块特殊的芯片以使警方能接听电子通信。
6. He likes to sit at home, listen to music, and draw. He's kind of a dreamer." 他喜欢一个人待在家里，听音乐，画画。他像个梦想家。"
7. He makes time every day to listen to his seven-year-old son play the piano — even if it is no more than a few minutes during a phone call while he is away at a conference. 他每天都挤出时间来听7岁的儿子弹钢琴，既使在他外出开会时，也要通过电话听几分钟。
8. Didn't you ever listen to music like this when you were a youngster?" 您年轻时就没听过这样的音乐？"
9. "Why do you have to listen to such horrible stuff? It's the same thing over and over. I'm not sure it is really music though it does have rhythm. "你为什么一定要听这么糟糕的音乐？一样的东西，听了一遍又一遍。虽然有节奏，可恐怕不是真正的音乐。
10. Stop your chatter and listen to what Tom is saying. 停止你那喋喋不休的说话，听汤姆在说什么。