1. Experimental data seem to indicate that the amount of radon (Rn) in the water under the surface of the Earth waxes before an earthquake. 实验数据似乎表明，地震前地下水中氡的含量会增高。
2. Because the gravity on the Moon´s surface is only a sixth of Earth´s (remember how easily the Apollo astronauts bounded along), 由于月球表面的重力仅是地球表面的1/6 -- 还记得阿波罗飞船中的宇航员累松地跳跃 --
3. But as the paper moved from side to side under the pen point, its movement would be recorded in ink upon its surface. 由于纸在笔下来回运动，纸的表面就会用墨水记录下地板运动的情况。
4. Before the Hanshin earthquake in Japan, there were reports of large schools of fish swimming near the surface of the water. 日本的阪神地震发生之前，有报告说大批鱼群游到了水面。
5. But its economy is stuck in recession and it barely has the money to even scratch the surface of the problem. 但是由于其经济陷于低迷，几乎没有资金来着手解决最基本的问题。
6. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当钻孔地点决定后, 我们就在那块地面上坚起一个井架.
7. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当确定钻孔地点后，我们就在那里竖起一个井架。
8. It requires 97 per cent less energy to travel the quarter of a million miles from the Moon to Earth-orbit than the 200 mile-journey from Earth´s surface into orbit! 因此，从月球到地球的25万英里所消耗的能量要比从地球表面进入地球轨道的200英里所耗能量少97%。
9. Well, to meet this difficulty, I resolved to dig into the surface of the earth, so as to make it easier to launch the boat. 好吧，为了克服这一困难，我决定把地面挖平。这样可以使小船下水时容易一些，
10. The bigger animals went to the surface to drink, and were promptly bogged in the river. 这个大动物到冰表面去饮水,突然掉进水里.