adj (computing 计) (of a device) connected to and controlled by a computer 联机的; 联线的
*an ,on-line `ticket booking system 联机订票系统
* We've been on-line (ie have had on-line equipment) for about a year now. 我们安装联机设备约有一年了.
1. Even so, one prominent magazine consistently refused to print "Joe" in my by-line, using my first initials, J.S., instead. 即使如此，一家著名杂志一直拒绝把"乔"作为我的文章的作者署名，而是用我名字的首字母 J.S. 来代替它。
2. Enclosed in this outfit, I waited in line for an hour with other adventurers, mostly office workers in their 20's. 我包裹在这一身装束里，与其他的历险者一起排了一小时队。他们大多是20多岁的办公室职员。
3. Bruce almost forgot his own troubles as he watched her swing herself out upon the slender line. 布鲁斯凝视着蜘蛛的身子，它挂在纤细的丝上摆向对面的墙，他几乎忘却了自己的烦恼。
4. But they are hardly aware of it, until they get to the checkout line. 但这要等到他们走到交款处时才能意识到。
5. But it is the real bottom line in every area of society and a discipline we must demand of ourselves. 但它却是社会各领域的真正基础，也是我们必须要求自己遵循的一条原则。
6. But even Ian Wilmut draws the line at cloning humans. 但是，就连伊恩·威尔莫特也在克隆人类问题上划了一条界线。
7. We like to go to the movies,but we hate to wait in line for tickets. 我们喜欢去看电影,但是我们讨厌排队买票.
8. We saw new factories and well-cultivated fields all along the line. 铁路沿线到处可见新建的工厂和精耕细作的田地。
9. The line of zero degree longitude passes through Greenwich. 经度零度线穿过格林威治。
10. The equator is an imaginary line. 赤道是一条实际上并不存在的线。