1 single performance in one place of a play, concert, etc as part of a tour of different places （戏剧、音乐会等巡回表演时）在某地的一次演出.
2 (infml 口) (person involved in a) (usu) sexual relationship that lasts for a very short time, usu a single night （通常指）短暂的性关系（通常指一夜）; 有这种行为的人
*I was hoping for a lasting affair, not just a one-night stand. 我希望的是长久恩爱, 而不是一夜露水之欢.
informala) an occasion when two people have sex, but do not meet each other again
I'm not into one-night stands.
b) a person that you have sex with once and do not see again
a performance of music or a play that is given only once in a particular place
1. Before returning home at night, he took a shower and changed back into his suit. 晚上回家前,他洗个淋浴,又换上他那套西装.
2. Before returning home at night, he took a shower and changed back into his suit. 晚上回家前，他洗个淋浴，重新换上那身黑色西服。
3. Burglar alarms going off at any time of the day or night serve only to annoy passers-by and actually assist burglars to burgle. 防盗警报器在白天和黑夜的任何时候都会响起来，它的作用只是骚扰过路行人，而实际上却帮助窃贼入室行窃。
4. But he lives so far away, and it is such a bad night that I have decided to ask you to go instead. 但是他住得离这儿那么远，天气又这么糟糕，所以我决定请你替我跑一趟。
5. But studying my textbooks late at night in the library of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), I would dream, not of India, but of America, the land of opportunity. 但是, 当我深夜在印度技术学院的图书馆里啃着书本的时候，我脑子经常想的不是印度，而是美国这个机会之国。
6. Who was that blonde I saw you with last night? 昨晚我看见和你一道的那个金发女郎是谁?
7. We played checkers and ate melon seeds and peanuts all night. 我们整个晚上都在下西洋棋, 吃瓜子和花生.
8. We all enjoyed the operetta shown last night. 我们都喜欢昨晚的滑稽歌剧。
9. Why did you oversleep? What did you do the night before the exam? 你为什么睡过头呢? 考试的前一天晚上你做什么?
10. We played checkers and ate pear and peanuts all night. 我们整个晚上都在下西洋棋, 吃梨子和花生.