1. `Open your mouth a little wider,´ said the dentist. ‘把嘴张大点,’牙科医生说.
2. By having to sleep in the open, he gets far closer to the world of nature than most of us ever do. 由于被迫在露天睡觉，他比我们中许多人都离大自然近得多。
3. But there were times when not a single piece of dry wood could be found and even Humboldt lay with his eyes wide open, listening to the roars of the beasts that surrounded them. 但也有一块干木也找不到的时候，就连洪堡也睁大了眼睛躺在那里，听着包围他们的野兽的吼叫。
4. Be the first to extend your hand in greeting. Couple this with a friendly 'Hello', a nice smile, and your name and you have made the first step to open the lines of communication between you and another person. 在问候别人时先伸出你的手，并伴着友善的“你好”和让人愉悦的微笑，再报上自己的名字，这样，你就在与另一个人开始交流的道路上走出了第一步。
5. Before I reach the door, I think I hear a voice say, money. Before I open the door I hear a voice and turn to see the man with a gun. 我同样也很生气，因为那是一个我从未见过、也从未伤害过的人在用枪指着我。
6. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
7. What though before us lies the open grave? 即使死亡在前又有什么可惧？
8. When you see someone you know, or would like to make contact with, smile. You are showing an open attitude to conversation. 当你看到某个你所认识的人，或是想和他接触，就微笑吧。你这是在表明你乐于与他交谈的明确态度。
9. When my father sent love letters to my mother, my grandmother would open and then hide them. 每当爸爸给妈妈寄来情书，外婆就把信拆开，然后将它们藏起来。
10. The tournament is open to amateurs as well as professionals. 这次比赛不仅职业运动员可以参加, 而且业余运动员也可以参加.