1. `Open your mouth a little wider,´ said the dentist. ‘把嘴张大点,’牙科医生说.
2. By having to sleep in the open, he gets far closer to the world of nature than most of us ever do. 由于被迫在露天睡觉，他比我们中许多人都离大自然近得多。
3. But can the colossal cities of the future really function without overloading all their services to the point of collapse and destroying the environment through pollution of air and water? 但未来的巨城真的能够正常活动，而不会使城市的一切公共设施因超负荷而崩溃、不会由于空气和水的污染而使环境受到破坏吗？
4. But there were times when not a single piece of dry wood could be found and even Humboldt lay with his eyes wide open, listening to the roars of the beasts that surrounded them. 但也有一块干木也找不到的时候，就连洪堡也睁大了眼睛躺在那里，听着包围他们的野兽的吼叫。
5. But I did not know that the sun could shine and the air remain cold; no one had ever told me. 但我不知道阳光灿烂时，空气还会是冰冷的，从来没有人告诉过我这一点。
6. Be the first to extend your hand in greeting. Couple this with a friendly 'Hello', a nice smile, and your name and you have made the first step to open the lines of communication between you and another person. 在问候别人时先伸出你的手，并伴着友善的“你好”和让人愉悦的微笑，再报上自己的名字，这样，你就在与另一个人开始交流的道路上走出了第一步。
7. Before I reach the door, I think I hear a voice say, money. Before I open the door I hear a voice and turn to see the man with a gun. 我同样也很生气，因为那是一个我从未见过、也从未伤害过的人在用枪指着我。
8. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
9. But then Sam lets go of the swing. He flies into the air and lands face down in the dirt. 但就在此时，山姆从秋千上飞了出去，脸朝下摔在地上。
10. We couldn´t induce the old lady to travel by air. 我们无法劝说那位老太太坐飞机去.