matter on which different views are possible; question that is not yet decided or answered 可自由发表意见的问题; 尚未解决的问题
*How many people will lose their jobs is an open question. 有多少人将要失业, 这一问题尚无定论.
1. `Open your mouth a little wider,´ said the dentist. ‘把嘴张大点,’牙科医生说.
2. By having to sleep in the open, he gets far closer to the world of nature than most of us ever do. 由于被迫在露天睡觉，他比我们中许多人都离大自然近得多。
3. But there were times when not a single piece of dry wood could be found and even Humboldt lay with his eyes wide open, listening to the roars of the beasts that surrounded them. 但也有一块干木也找不到的时候，就连洪堡也睁大了眼睛躺在那里，听着包围他们的野兽的吼叫。
4. But it isn´t only a question of feeling grateful for what they did for us. 但问题不只在于感激他们为我们所做的一切，
5. Be the first to extend your hand in greeting. Couple this with a friendly 'Hello', a nice smile, and your name and you have made the first step to open the lines of communication between you and another person. 在问候别人时先伸出你的手，并伴着友善的“你好”和让人愉悦的微笑，再报上自己的名字，这样，你就在与另一个人开始交流的道路上走出了第一步。
6. Before I reach the door, I think I hear a voice say, money. Before I open the door I hear a voice and turn to see the man with a gun. 我同样也很生气，因为那是一个我从未见过、也从未伤害过的人在用枪指着我。
7. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
8. But there is no question that if either party insists on bringing in a so-called "neutral" third party (usually some representative of the state or legal profession), not only will the process take longer, in many instances it will be more 可是毫无疑问，如果任何一方坚持要有所谓 "中立"的第三方（通常是政府代表或者职业律师）介入，那不但会拖长决策过程，而且在很多时候，决策还会更加武断、更加不人道。
9. We have to consider the question of where to sleep. 我们得考虑在何处安歇的问题.
10. We refer the question to them. 我们把这个问题提交他们处理。