1. `Open your mouth a little wider,´ said the dentist. ‘把嘴张大点,’牙科医生说.
2. Every door was closed and every window was shuttered. 家家门窗紧闭。
3. Betty: Can I have the key to the front door , please? 贝蒂:我可以带前门钥匙吗?
4. Bob: She´s next door. She´s in her office, sir. 鲍勃:她在隔壁. 在她的办公室里, 先生.
5. By having to sleep in the open, he gets far closer to the world of nature than most of us ever do. 由于被迫在露天睡觉，他比我们中许多人都离大自然近得多。
6. But there were times when not a single piece of dry wood could be found and even Humboldt lay with his eyes wide open, listening to the roars of the beasts that surrounded them. 但也有一块干木也找不到的时候，就连洪堡也睁大了眼睛躺在那里，听着包围他们的野兽的吼叫。
7. Bottles of dairy milk arrived in door ways, and women took them in, as though the war were a thousand miles away. 一瓶瓶牛奶被送到一家家的门口，妇女们把它们取回家去，好像战争发生在千里之外似的。
8. Be the first to extend your hand in greeting. Couple this with a friendly 'Hello', a nice smile, and your name and you have made the first step to open the lines of communication between you and another person. 在问候别人时先伸出你的手，并伴着友善的“你好”和让人愉悦的微笑，再报上自己的名字，这样，你就在与另一个人开始交流的道路上走出了第一步。
9. Before I reach the door, I think I hear a voice say, money. Before I open the door I hear a voice and turn to see the man with a gun. 我同样也很生气，因为那是一个我从未见过、也从未伤害过的人在用枪指着我。
10. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。